Under the State Covered Device Recycling Act of 2010, you are prohibited from disposing of electronic devices such as laptops, computers, monitors, microwave ovens and televisions in your trash. They must now be sent to an electronics recycler. Below is a list of businesses that accept electronics and other items.
The York County Solid Waste Authority holds a weekly Residential Electronics Recycling Program. The program is free and open to York County residents only. The collections take place at the York County Resource Recovery Center at 2651 Blackbridge Road. Hours for dropoff are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Click here for additional information.
|Name of Store||Address||Phone #||Items Accepted|
|Advanced Auto Parts||830 E. Main Street, Dallastown||244-1942||Auto batteries, used motor oil (up to 5 gallons per day)|
|Auto Zone||859 E. Main Street, Dallastown||244-7121||Auto batteries, used motor oil (up to 5 gallons per day) and scrap metal|
|Best Buy||2865 Concord Road, York||840-4530||Rechargeable batteries and Computer equipment – excluding monitors|
|Home Depot||2905 E. Market Street, York 960 Far Hills Drive, New Freedom|| 757-0440
|CFL Bulbs, rechargeable batteries|
|Lowe’s||2449 E. Market Street, York 1175 Carlisle Road, York|| 757-4802
|Rechargeable batteries, CFL Bulbs|
|Paz Metals||4315 Run Way, York||757-1298||Computers, metals, auto parts|
|Red Lion Salvage||350 Craley Road, Red Lion||246-2888||Car batteries, circuit boards, whole cars, metals|
|Spartan Computers||150 Memory Lane, York||650-6189||All electronics except TVs with picture tubes or rear projection; no CRT monitors and small microwaves|
|Staples||2915 Concord Road, York 965 Loucks Road, York|| 755-1439
|Computer equipment, printers, shredders, printer ink cartridges|
Woody Waste Dropoff Schedule
**If you exit your vehicle, you must wear a mask.
- Saturday, March 13th, April 10th, June 12th, July 10th, August 14th, September 11th, October 9th, December 11th
- 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Public Works Building – 970 White Oak Road, Windsor
- No commercial businesses.
- No grass clippings, tree stumps, sawdust, mulch or flower debris will be accepted.
- There is a six (6) ft. length limit.
- There is a six (6) inch diameter limit.
- There is no need to bundle the woody waste brought to the drop-off location.
- This service is available to Windsor Township residents only.
- Photo identification will be required.
2021 Fall Woody Waste Curbside Collection
Week of November 1st on your regular trash day.
There is no limit.
- Must be bundled and tied with twine or placed in a biodegradable bag
- Maximum length – 4′
- Material should be 1/4″ to 3″ in diameter
- No trimmings in garbage bags or cans
- No grass clippings
- No tree stumps
- Thursday, October 28, 2021
- 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. @ the Township Office
- Two box limit – A box is defined as 18″ x 12″ x 9″
- Township residents only
Fall Leaf Collection
- Date to be determined
- Saturday, October 16th
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Public Works Building, 970 White Oak Road, Windsor
- Township residents only
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb Recycling
The Township is participating in a program sponsored by PPL Electric to recycle compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. This is only for the small fluorescent bulbs, not the long fluorescent tubes. You can recycle your unbroken CFL bulbs by bringing them to the Township Office during normal business hours.
Recycling containers will be provided for any community event held at a Windsor Township owned facility for materials included in the Windsor Township recycling program.