Permitting is required for most projects. Contact the Zoning Department to determine if a permit is needed. Below are guides for typical residential improvements.
A permit is required to distribute flyers or solicit business door-to-door. If you are approached by an individual soliciting and they are unable to provide a permit issued by Windsor Township, please call 911 to have a York Area Regional Police Department Officer dispatched.
- A Permit is not required. Yard/Garage Sales are limited to two (2) per calendar year. Each sale may not exceed three (3) consecutive days.
- One (1) six (6) square foot sign shall be permitted on the premises of the sale and shall be removed upon the completion of the sale.
- Two (2) off-premise signs, each a maximum of two (2) square feet, shall be permitted on the day of the sale.
Temporary Storage Units (ie: PODS)/Temporary Dumpsters
- Units/Dumpsters may not be placed on a street, shall not be placed in any easement or street right-of-way and shall not be placed in a clear sight triangle.
- Units must be a minimum of five (5) feet from any property line.
- The total combined area of such units shall not exceed two hundred (200) square feet.
- Permitted to be placed on a property for a period of no more than sixty (60) days in a calendar year.
Temporary Retail Sales
Contact the Zoning Office for regulations.